Tuesday, December 30, 2008

We Got Set Up

Did I mention God is totally awesome? Out of all the churches helping out in Africa, one 30 minutes away from us (in Salem, MO) works with a church in the same city that we're in! Of the around 20 missionaries working in our area from around the world, some happen to live right next door!

That has actually happened to us before - of the 35 missionaries we met in Pemba, one happened to live less than 10 minutes away from my parents! She was around my mom's age, painted as a hobby, just like my mom, and had an interest in missions, also just like my mom - they're really good friends now. This came at a time where my mom really needed some more Christian friends. Truly, God is alive and powerful, and interested in our lives!

1 comment:

  1. That is soo cool! What church is that?
    ~Grace Smith

    ReplyDelete